Joshua D. Altman, Criminal Attorney in NJ
Contact the NJ Criminal Law Attorneys
Joshua Altman is an associate of Benedict & Altman. He joined the firm directly from his clerkship with the Hon. Bryan D. Garruto, J.S.C. in the Civil Division of the Middlesex County Superior Court. After initially focusing on appeals and municipal court matters upon joining the firm, Mr. Altman has developed a comprehensive criminal trial practice. He appears in Municipal, Superior and Federal Courts across the state, handling matters ranging from DWIs, to aggravated sexual assaults, to complex narcotics conspiracies.
Mr. Altman has also emerged as a leader in the local legal community. He is a former President of the New Brunswick Bar Association. He holds the position of Trustee in the Middlesex County Bar Association along with being the co-chair of the Young Lawyers Division. He also is a member of the Criminal Practice Committed on the New Jersey State Bar Association along with membership in the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Altman has been named multiple times in New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine as a "Rising Star" in the field of Criminal Defense. In 2010, Mr. Altman earned the Municipal Court Practice Award by the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2000
- New Brunswick Bar Association, Secretary (2006–2007), Treasurer (2007–2008), Vice President (2008-2009), and President (2009-2010)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Criminal Law Committee New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Born in Morristown, New Jersey, July 23, 1975
We can discuss your case and choose the course of action that is right for you. Every case is handled in a confidential and discreet manner. To set up your free initial consultation, contact Benedict and Altman today.